Subject: Re: Par Problem continued...
From: [email-masked] (Rick Catizone)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 16:38:43 -0800

>>      The problem is NOT the chroma filter setting. I've played with
>>it, but there has been no change. Get this file (stills2.lha) and let me
>>know how these frames look on your PAR (Amiga)... Tell me if you see a
>>difference between the IFF and the PAR frame. ( The IFF should look
>>washed )

>Hello!  No one seems to be paying attention to the theory that compressing
>the frames twice will cause noticeable degradation of the image... is it
>just me, or am I missing something obvious?

>John.
>________________________
>John Prusinski/CyberGrafix
>[email-masked]
>http://www.cybergrafix.com/

>"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of Truth and
>Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."    A. Einstein

Tried a test on my PAR today, and my results were as I recalled.  Exporting
IFF and then exporting PAR, I made a two frame anim.  When compared with the
original frame, the IFF frame matched just fine.  The par frame lost quite a
bit...very noticeable.  This seems to be the opposite of Adrian's orig post.

Using Chroma filter when importing a frame back into PAr, will filter an image
a second time, and that would also degrade the image.

Another question is what Is Adrian importing into. I did my test in IMagefx.
Perhaps another program is doing something else to the image.

Adrian ...let me know where to grab those files and I'll take a look.

RICK CATIZONE/ANIVISION